* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:12 pm 
OVER 500 POSTS !
OVER 500 POSTS !

Hello Friends,
I just wanted to share some things Ive been researching. My father is now drinking Essiac Tea twice a day. It is supposed to be very cleansing to many organs with the lung being one of them. You can do a search to learn more. http://www.cancer-info.com/essiac.htm

He will start the Budwig Diet. Website for this:
http://home.online.no/~dusan/diseases/c ... udwig.html
This is 1c cottage cheese mixed with flaxseed oil.

I am slowly incorporating the Dr. Matthius Rath Vitamin Protocol. http://www.dr-rath-research.org/ I am still learning about it so I havent gone full force. There is someone who has been AWESOME in helping me learn it! The parts of the protocol I have started is the Vit C and Green Tea (in capsule form for higher potency). I still need to add l-lysine and l-proline to follow the protocol exactly along with a multi vitamin containing folic acid, bvitamins, selenium, fish oil.

Im also researching zhu ling and cordyceps which are mushrooms. Zhu ling is supposed to stimulate immune response to lung tumors and increase efficiency of chemo and rad; cordyceps improves lung function. Ive also read about N-AcetylCystene which inhibits metastases of cancer and detoxes the liver of poisons.

Im brand new at this but like I said, someone has been WONDERFUL in helping me learn.

Just wanted to share!!! Still counting on the power of prayer FIRST!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:40 pm 

Linda,

Thank you for sharing. Please let me know if it works for your dad. I take quite a few vitamins right now. If I can supplement what I am taking and it works on this awful disease, I am all for it. Let's pray that it works. Praying for both you and dad...

God Bless
Karen

God Bless and Praying for a "Cure" for all of us.
<*}}}><
By His stripes, I am healed, I claim His healing
I believe in "Miracles"
Dx'd 3-03, nsclc 3a-b
Radiation 3-25-03 to 5-15-03 (38) treatments
Taxol/carbo 4-1-03 to 5-20-03
Taxol/carbo 7-23-03 to 10-27-03 (every 3 wks)
Pneumonia 9-16-03 in Hosp 4 days
Bronc 10-16 - Pulm Doc can't find tumor & NED
Biopsy 10-16 - test back "NEGATIVE"
Last chemo 10-27-03, PET looks good
CEA <.5 Nov .6 in Jan .9 in March.6 April .7 July
CT & MRI March 04, one 1" tumor brain. Surgery 4-6-04 remove brain tumor successful, cured - Rad Stereotactic 4-04 - NOT WBR
Possible radiation Necrosis 11-05
PET/CT Cking for Necrosis
New pic is Bob & I @ X-mas party 12-13-03

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:09 am 
OVER 500 POSTS !
OVER 500 POSTS !

Linda,

Please keep us updates on things. I have read it takes 2-3 months to purify the toxins from the body. You should also consider diet. NO intake of any refined sugars, all naturual foods, those that have a high Alkaline index. (there is a book called "Alkalize or Die") . Also, "beating cancer with Nutrition is excellent - Author Patrick Quillan. He makes some very good points, and the incorporation of good whole foods into your fathers diet can only help him, not hurt him.

Please beaware that there is significant debate on whether antiOxidants during treatment catually HELPS or HURTS. I am reading more convincing aurguments that it helps.

prayers and meditation are crucial, the body responds to our thoughts.

Fore me Jesus Christ is my #1 Physician, the others rate 2,3,4 and so on.

Prayers are with you and your father... Joe

2.8 CM tumor ; 1 (out of 7) lymph node positive
11/10/03- Concurrent Chemo/ Radiation (cisplatin/etoposide- 28 rad txs) -finished 12/22.
1/5/04 completed adjunctive tx w/ x3 Taxotere (q 3 weeks)- Finished 2/16/04
5/21/04 Radiation Changes in R Lung-
7/6/04- No evidence of Disease
10/8/04 No evidence of Disease
1/11/05 No evidence of Disease
4/14/05 No evidence of Disease
7/8/05 No evidence of Disease
10/4/05 tiny nodules mentioned (3mm,3mm,4mm)
1/9/06 numerous nodules both lungs all small (2mm-5mm)
5/20/06 slight progression rescan in 5 months
10/28/06 MRI Revealed 6cm Brain Metastasis in occipital lobe
Surgically removed on 11/9/06
Started Tarceva 1/15/07
3/6/07 Infection within surgical cavity
2nd Neurosurgery & then
10 weeks IV Antibiotics
3/22/07 restart Tarceva
5/07 Stable Disease
9/07 Stable Disease
12/07 Stable Disease(Brain Clear)
3/08 Stable Disease
6/08 progression
7/21/08 start Hyper Acute Lung vaccine trial thru the NIH in Bethesda , MD
9/08 MRI Brain Clear, Lung CT Stable
11/08 Lung CT Stable again
4/09 Stable disease again. Continue to be monitored by NIH.
6/22/09 Stable disease

-------------------------------------------------------
Husband to my "twin soul", Gina
Father of 6 great daughters (Aly-21, Hannah- 19, Miranda- 17, triplet newborns; Madison, sydney & Caelyn )

-------------------------------------------------------

Romans 10:9 - "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

John 3:16,17 - "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved "

Revelation 21:4 "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

Avatar is our new baby triplets at 4 days old

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:31 am 
OVER 500 POSTS !
OVER 500 POSTS !

Yes, Joe, I agree completely, Jesus is the Divine Physician.

Post subject: Mushrooms
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:43 pm 
Legacy Member

Hi Linda,
I too have been reading up on mushroom extracts and did read positive things regarding the specific ones you mentioned (Dr. Andrew Weil has written several articles about them). I asked my doctor his thoughts on the matter and (of course!) he said that there was no "proof" that they would work, but that they wouldn't hurt me if I chose to take them but he didn't want me "loading up on supplements", he wants me getting my nutrients from healthy food. So, with that said, I am still up in the air about whether or not to take the mushroom extracts.

Feel free to PM me with any info you have on them. Thanks!

6 weeks of daily radiation/6 doses weekly chemo (Taxotere/Carboplatin) April - June 2003
Clean PET Scan August 2003
Clear Brain MRI August 2003
Clear CT Scans from September 2003 through August 2004
December 2004 CT Scan - Shows "multiple nodules" in both lungs -- too small to biopsy -- rescan in 3 months
February 2005 PET Scan - shows NOTHING -- possibly too small to pick up on scan
March 2005 CT Scan - Shows multiple nodules in both lungs -- slight growth -- still too small to biopsy.
May 2005 - *Began strict Macrobiotic Diet*
July 2005 CT Scan - Continued small growth
October 2005 CT Scan - continued small growth (still to small to biopsy...)
January 2006 CT Scan - NO CHANGE SINCE OCTOBER!!! STABLE!!
May 2006 CT Scan - NO CHANGE SINCE OCTOBER!! STABLE!!
September 2006 - Slight Growth -- developed small plueral effusion on left side....still watching...
November 2006 - Began Vitamin C Infusion Therapy 3x per week
February 2007 - Stopped Vit. C Therapy -- increased plueral effusion (had it drained); slight growth in nodules
June 2007 - Made difficult decision to start treatment again. Began Tarceva (150 mg) 6/1/07
July 2007 - 25% SHRINKAGE IN NODULES!!!!!!
September 2007 Pleurodesis left lung
December 2007 Off Tarceva due to inflammation in lungs
December 2007 Pleur x catheter put in to drain left lung
January 2008 Start Tarceva again
February 2008 Admitted to Penn Presby difficulty breathing-incubated Tarceva stopped
March 2008 Trache tube
March 2008 Moved to Acute care-Respiratory facility in NJ
April 2008 Started Alimta-2 doses
May 9 2008 Passed away peacefully

Thank you all who have supported us on this journey. Heathers friendships and love she received help make this just a little bit better.

Brad Saler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:20 pm 

I take a number of the mushrooms as supplements. Currently, there are many sick people (flu or somesuch) at the school where I work. My other half and two of our four children have the sickness - again, flu or somesuch. I haven't taken it - I think this is significant, so continue taking my mushroom supplements, along with some other things - I think there is a reason I haven't caught the sickness when all those around me have - I used to be the FIRST one to catch a cold and the last to get over it -

I also think it is important to eat as many veggies and fruits RAW as possible - limit cooked/processed foods and definitely avoid meat eating - I am not vegetarian but have curtailed meat intake sharply, as well as dairy. I mix cottage cheese with flax oil now - but that's about all the dairy I use -

9/03 Medianioscopy & Bronchoscopy after PET scan lit up two places: Subcarinal lymph node is positive for adenocarcinoma; lymph node in neck probably; inoperable this time. Stage 3 or 4, not sure which. Visit radiation oncologist, he says is very early, best to wait at that time, and watch. I decide against any treatments. Listening and following recommendations of church with prayer and change of diet.
1/04 Brain swelling, cat scan shows multiple tumors. Small stroke-like symptoms, lots of pain. On steroids in IV, sent home with more steroids & pain pills. Given 6 months without treatments (maybe) and a year or so with treatments( iffy - treatments only to relieve pain, will not stop it). No longer can work, No income, FREAKED OUT. Going for annointing, will double up on cancer tea and herbs. Getting affairs in order now.

http://homepage.mac.com/iindigo/Momwithlungcancer/