* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: What a great community
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:30 pm 

Hi, my name is Gary, I recently joined LCSC, however I have been an avid reader for the past 9 months.

My wife Denise was diagnosed with NSCLC in March of 2008. Non smoker, in good health but had back pain in December of 2007. By the time Denise was diagnosed, the disease had spread to her Liver, Kidney, Lymph Gland in her chest, and multiple spots on her spine, ribs, and a spot on her skull.

6 months of chemo and radiation treatments and then they qualified Denise for a clinical trial of Tarceva.

The tumor in her Lung has shrunk from 5cm to 2.5cm. and the other organs are stable, however there has been a spread of the disease in her bones, femor, pelvic, hips and shoulder.

Tarceva so far has been great as the side effects are minimal and the diease has stabilized somewhat.

We have 3 boys aged 22, 19, and 17. It has been rough however Denise has been extremely positive. The boys and myself are the same, posiitve and our friends have been unbelieveable.
It is is hard to imagine where we would be without the support from our family and friends.

Thank you to all of you for sharing your experiences. We all know the impact of getting real information from the community. It is invaluable.

Last edited by garywatters on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:09 am 

Welcome Gary, thanks for sharing you and your wifes story. Keep us posted.

Donna G

http://lungevity.org/l_community/viewtopic.php?f47&t=9092

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:19 am 

Welcome to a place no one wants to be but is glad they found ! Ask questions whenever you need to and for Medical advice we have the support of Dr West at http://cancergrace.org/ This is our resident oncologist who donates his very minimal free time to helping our members with medical questions. We can provide the emotional and mental support and He provides the scientific and medical support!! Many of our members have dual citizenship in both forums so You will see a bunch of us there also.....

4/23/07 DEb is joined in Peace by her Puppy Dawg Daisy from Cancer
8/30/07 Got new Pup named Mocha!!

"No matter hnow much it hurts, No matter how alone you feel, Your friends will help you get through anything!!"
Scrubs!!!!Yes the comedy show!!!

The Reason I advocate
If you would like to see our family photos Click on this link!
http://deborah-wallin.memory-of.com/

My memory-of Link is good to go now if you want to see it!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:14 am 

Hi Gary-
I am glad you found us. Tarceva is an amazing drug for some people. It kept my husband stable a long time. It is hard going through cancer with someone you love and it certainly helps to get all the support and help you can.

I am glad you came out of lurker land and joined in!
Rochelle

"Never, never, never give up." Winston Churchill

"I rang for ice, but this is ridiculous." -Madeline Talmadge-Astor, as she was being helped off the Titanic

"Losing love is like a window in your heart, everybody sees you're blown apart, everybody sees the wind blow". Paul Simon

Husband John has NSCLC-Vena Cava Syndrome Stage 3B, Dx 6/02
Carbo/Taxol,Radiation
Taxotere
Gemzar
Iressa started 3/03
10/03 Stable CT scan
1/04 CT Still stable.
3/04 PET Scan, Still stable.
7/04 Still stable
1/05 Still stable
1/30/05 Iressa discontinued Started Tarceva, still stable 7/05
1/06 Slight increase in tumor, stopping Tarceva.
1/27/06 Started Alimta
5/5/06 Avastin added to Alimta
6/14/06 Stable, continue w/ Avastin
1/29/07 Shrinkage! Continue w/ Avasin.
7/07- Something new on the CT scan, doing a bronc 7/25/07 to see what it is. 8/21/07 begins brachytherapy. Next treatment postponed until 9/6/7 due to an infection which is making him too ill for the procedure. 9/13/07 Diagnosed with Aspergillus. Has brachytherapy 9/20/07. Developed a pericardial effusion, 10/30/07 has a pericardial window to drain the fluid. Procedure goes well but he passes away 10/31/07 due to a pulmonary hemorrhage.
Pic is me and daughter Jillian aka The Jillinator.

Visit Walk the Walk:
www.michiganlungcancerwalk.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:27 am 
Legacy Member

Welcome Gary, also glad you found us but sorry you needed too. I like Ry's "lurker land." It's amazing how many of us start there. Please keep us posted as you find time and we will offer what info and support we can. Am glad you report support from real life family and friends. It is so important to Denise's recovery.

Judy in Key West

Cytology report on fluid removed from lung after pleural effusion and pneumonia Sep 07 showed adenocarcinoma cells. Dx IIIb NSCLC Oct '07 at MDACC, Orlando. Fol 6 rounds Taxol/Carboplatin/Avastin and 2 Avastin, CT/PET 4/1/08 pleural thickening gone and no active cancer cells. 11/3/08 STILL NEVD. CT/PET/MRI 5/4/09 Cancer back, still in the pleura and chest wall, small amt of fluid, all in left lung.
5/11/09 Start on Alimta every three weeks.
7/13/10 Had Alimta on road in Corning NY.
8/24/09 Scans show some improvement. Continue on Alimta.
9/14/09 Chemo on road in Mt Holly NJ.
10/6/09 Started regular Alimta infusions in Key West.
11/3/09 CT and PET scans showed significant improvement. Some issues already resolved.
2/3/2010 No evidence of residual or recurrent disease. NED! Stay on Alimta.
5/6/10 Am considering myself still NED until/unless proven otherwise in July. Rabid radiologist thinks he sees something suggestive of similar to some abdominal cancer. No light up on the PET. Am hoping for the best. Stay on Alimta and scan in 9 wks instead of 3 mos.
7/8/10 Chest CT unchanged (NED Feb '10). Infiltration in the region of the omentum is probably slightly more prominent than before. Diverticulosis requiring antibiotics.
Jul, Aug, Sep, continued Alimta in Corning NY, Portsmouth OH and Mt Holly NJ.
10/14/10 Chest CT unchanged from Feb '10. Findings likely representing progressive nodular peritonal carcinomatosis in the midabdomen. Treatment changed to Tarceva started in Nov.
12/15/10 Chest CT unchanged. Abdomen changes compatible with peritoneal carcinomatosis again identified with mild progression noted.
3/16/11 CT chest unchanged. CT abdomen progression ascites (fluid). Progression of soft tissues nodularity on the peritoneal surface anteriorly with diffuse omental involvement.
4/13-15/11 Hospitalized at MDA. Removed 4 1/2 litres (8-9 lbs) of fluid from abdomen 4/14. Started on taxotere before release on 4/15.
5/16/11 Hospitalized for fever, neutropenic. Treated with intravenous antibiotic and antiviral. Given blood transfusion. Note that KW Cancer Center did not give me my Neulasta shot after my chemo on May 6. Onc had me cancel my 5/26 chemo until after my scan on Jun 6. Was discharged on oxygen. Test w/Dr Gerth 5/26 indicated I could go off sitting and sleeping O. Will do walking test 6/2.
6/2 Did not get requisite numbers on walking test. Left for Orlando 6/5 still on oxygen.
6/6/11 MRI normal; CT stable. Taxotere and Neulasta at MDA 6/7 and 6/8.
6/13/11 Appointment with Dr Olham in KW. Off oxygen week of 6/16.
8/8/11 CT scan showed stable with perhaps some lessening of fluid. Stay on Taxotere.
10/10/11 CT chest still clear, CT abdominal lining stable. Stay on taxotere.
12/19/11 CT chest clear, CT abdominal lining stable, MRI clear. Stay on taxotere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:48 am 

Hello Gary and Denise and welcome

I am glad you've joined us and that you have been able to find support and information here!

Please keep us posted and let us know how we can help. There is always someone here that is willing to lend an ear or offer advice.

Warmly
Christine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:15 pm 
Legacy Member

Thanks for joining and sharing, Gary. At any given time there are several times more unregistered "lurkers" browsing the site than there are registered members online. Nothing wrong with that, and I imagine many people who haven't been motivated to search out an online support group before want to make sure they're in a safe place before signing up. Aloha,

Ned

Aloha means "Hello, goodbye, love, compassion, welcome, good wishes." It means belonging to others with a common humanity. It's defined better as a feeling in the heart than by words.

Dx NSCLC adenocarcinoma IIIb Sep 2006, now stage IV. Taxol+Carboplatin+Avastin 4 mo., Avastin 8 mo., Tarceva 16 mo., Alimta 12 mo. (sometimes combined with Cisplatin or Carboplatin), Navelbine since Feb 2010, 10 sessions of WBR in March 2011. See My Cancer Journey: viewtopic.php?p=351369#p351369 — UPDATED 03/05/2011.

Above left: Our golden retriever Rosie, who joined the family on 3/5/08 at the playful age of 2.

Below: Hannah, our golden companion 1994-2007.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:45 pm 
Legacy Member

Welcome!

Wendy

1/2008 - New Met Spine t10, Possible thyroid

CHEMO
May-Jun 2004 Cisplatin/VP16, 6 days straight every 3 wks, 3 cycles
Jul-Aug 2004 Taxotere 1X every 3 wks, 3 cycles
Sep-April 05 Iressa trial daily
Jan 06-Jan 07 Avastin ev 3 weeks, tarceva daily, zometa ev 6 weeks
Feb 07-Jan 08 Tarceva daily
Jan 08-Present Avastin ev 3 wks + Tarceva Daily

Radiation May-Jun 04 chest 28 days
Feb 06 Spot radiation X 10 days to spine t12 and pelvis (ischium bone)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:50 pm 
Legacy Member

Welcome Gary-

Glad to hear that Denise is doing well. And I am very very happy that she is receiving support from both family and friends - that is so important.

Please feel free to come here with questions, if you need to vent, anything at all. We will be here for you.

Hugs - Patti B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:41 pm 
OVER 1500 POSTS !
OVER 1500 POSTS !

Welcome Gary. I'm also glad you made it out of "lurker land" and decided to join us. It is great to have such supportive family and friends. That goes a long way. I am happy to hear that Denise has stablized somewhat.
Keep us posted.

Another
Denise

1/29/13 - 5 Year survivor!!
1/29/12 -4 years Survivor!!
2/11/08 - 7/16/08 7 rounds of chemo w/ Carbo/Taxol
3/24/08 Restaged at IV.
4/28 CT Scan
5/5 Results day / Great scan w/ overall shrinkage.
5/12 MRI scheduled.
5/20 - Rad consult
5/28 - 7/16 Radiation to chest 35 rounds
8/18 - CT shows the lung tumor is down to 3.7cm x 2.7cm and liver lesion is GONE!! No signs of metastatic disease within the abdomen. No further treatment need at this time. Next scan in 3 months.
12/5 Hospitalized with pneumonia
12/6 CT Scan all clear. Tumor continues to shrink.
12/10 Home on 24/7 Oxygen. SOB continues.
5/18/09 PET SCAN ALL CLEAR!!!
5/2010 NED!!
4/2012 NED!!
10/2012 CT = Mixed bag of nuts
[/color]

[color=purple]Don’t be afraid your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. [/color]

[color=red]READ TOM'S STORY @ [/color]
http://www.lungevity.org/l_community/viewtopic.php?t=37425

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:15 pm 
Legacy Member

Welcome Gary - glad you found us!
Janet

12/22/06 Diagnosed NSCLC Stage IV - Adnocarcinoma
Tumor in Rt Lung, 3 on Spine, one on the Pons of the brain
Radiation to the spine
Fractionated Linac Stereotactic Radiotherapy to the Pons of the brain

2/15/07 Start Tarceva 150 mg
4 1/2 years of "no progression of disease"

4/11/11 New mets on brain, Gamma Knife Radiation
Probable Leptomeningeal Disease.
Start "pulsing Tarceva" 1500mg 1xweek

7/11 - Brain mets swelling as an after effect of Gamma Knife, put on anti seizure meds, steroids.
New mets on spine and lung - watching.

9/11 - No new growth in Brain - more growth on spine and ribs. Back to Tarceva 100mg daily, adding Avastin every 3 weeks.

12/11 - Scans show no new growth, some mets stable, others have shrunk!

12/22/11 - 5 year survivor!!!!!

7/20/12 - scans show new growth in lungs and spine. Staying on Tarceva and Avastin and adding Alimta and Carboplatin.

10/12 Taken off Alimta and Carboplatin due to extreme side effects, continuing on Tarceva and Avastin - scans stable

Winter/13. Scans show growth again. Bones, lungs, lymph nodes, spleen. Time to look into clinical trials

4/13. Started clinical trial at Yale AP26113 by ARIAD, a "second generation Tarceva", side effects so far, diarrhea and nausea.

My story - http://lungevity.org/l_community/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=46162

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:40 pm 
Director of Support & Advocacy, LUNGevity

Welcome gary!
It sounds like you are a great support for your wife and it sounds like your wife has a wonderful attitude and fighting spirit.

I'm glad things are going well for you guys right now and will keep you both in my prayers. We are here for you both and please keep posting and keep us updated.
I look forward to getting to know you both!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:19 pm 

Hello Gary,

Welcome to the club no one wants to join, but becomes treasured as a great support community.

My husband is currently on Tarceva, and he has a metastasis in his right shoulder. The node in his neck has become greatly diminished. The shoulder met hasn't been assessed as yet, but if the Tarceva holds things stable, we will be considering that a plus.

You are so very fortunate to have family and friends in there rooting for you both.

My sister and her husband have been our social rescue team. They drag us out to lunch as much as possible, and we are able to laugh and "get away" from the daily routine and the thinking.

Our children keep abreast of things, as well. Our daughter, Jeanne, visits every Sunday for dinner, and has been over the last four years. Sometimes, we just order Chinese, and we relax and chat. Life is a "new normal," and we hold onto it as positively and proactively as we can.

Let us know how things are going, Gary. You and Denise are blessed being surrounded by so much love.

Barbara :D

Link to "Bill's Story," and more detailed list of treatment regimens:

http://www.lungevity.org/l_community/viewtopic.php?t=37269

Photo: Barbara and Great Granddaughter KayMarie taken January 2010 at Rehab where Bill was gaining strength.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:47 pm 

Welcome to a very supportive and knowledgeable community. You'll find love and information in equal parts.

My best to you and your precious family. Keep positive!

"Every moment is a breath-taking, transitory experience, never to be repeated again." - Don Juan Matus

Tiny
Age 58 at dx; lifelong non-smoker
12/01 dx NSCLC bronchoalveolar-type adenocarcinoma (BAC), Stage IIA
2/02 Lobectomy RLL; no chemo or rad
6/03 MRI = "empty"
3/05 Bone Scan = negative
2/08 CT = "No Evidence for Metastases or Recurrence"
Enjoyed 6+ years of NED
1/09 CT/PET:Recurrent disease: multiple new nodules in both lungs, mediastinal lymph nodes, and spot on liver.
2/3/09 Bone Scan: Degenerative arthritis (hooray!)
2/4/09 Started Tarceva
~~ picture: Temple of Poseidon, Greece 4/08 ~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:04 am 

Welcome, Gary
This is the place to be. It sounds like the positive attitude and medications are doing wonders. Cherish every day. She is stabile and that is a miracle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:59 pm 

Welcome Gary and thanks for writing and letting us know about your wife. Sounds like you have been through a lot since the diagnosis but as many of us do, remain positive and in a fighting spirit. Please keep us posted on how you and your wife are doing.

Sandra

43 years old at diagnosis, wife and mother of 2 wonderful children (1 of each, 12 and 13).

March 2007-cough that wouldn't clear, gets progressively worse, can't sleep on left side by July 2007
August 2007-cloudy x-ray
Aug 27-finally a CT scan, and hospitalized, 3 litres of fluid on lung. Fluid drained, hospital stay, bronchs, mediastinoscopy, thorascopy. Had been told cancer earlier, not in fluid though. Tests done to confirm staging. Staging confirmed as Stage III A, later changed to III B.
Oct 4-PET scan for radiation planning.
Oct 17-Nov 28-30 radiation treatments
Oct 17 to Jan 11-4 rounds of chemo, cisplatin and etoposide
Jan 28-Ct scan/chest x-ray
Feb 12-doc said re CT scan "results are excellent, could possibly be a complete positive response!" Don't think it gets much better than that. I won't say NED yet....
Mar 18/08-NED!!!!! based on updated CT scan. Small pleural effusion left,difficult to tell, but rest is NED. And also cleared for START, liposome vaccine clinical trial.
April 3-1st day of vaccine, every week for 8 weeks, less frequently after that
-May 8-PET scan results, bone mets!!! Lungs still clear. Begin radiation/chemo planning. Off of clinical trial after 5 treatments.
-May 27 and 30, 2 radiation treatments, 14 greys total
-June 10-July 21-first 3 alimta infusion, also receiving zometa infusions separately
-CT scan results July 21-lungs still clear, back a mess, referred to a neurosurgeon for possible surgery
-Aug 13-1st gemzar infusion (stopped alimta, was intolerant and gemzar thought to be more effective)
Aug 16-MRI as reported pain in right leg, results were probable nerve damage from spine mets
-Aug20-end of first cycle of gemzar. Treatments stopped as was intolerant, too many side effects.
Sept 25-bone scan ordered by pain doc
Oct 3-started Tarceva, 150 mg
Oct 23 PET scan results-progression in spine and left lung with lymph node involvement-CRAP!!!!!
Nov 5-Tarceva down to 125 mg
Jan 20-failed bone cement procedure, pain worse
Jan 23-admitted to hospital for 10 days: full kidney failure, later discovered infection in chest which was lanced, identified dropped foot, off of Tarceva since Jan 20
Mar 31-1st of 10 radiation treatments to the spine
May 12-started navalbine

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will". -Mahatma Gandhi

"When the going gets tough, the tough get waterproof mascara" (assuming you have eyelashes left after chemo!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:14 am 

Welcome Gary to the place no one wants to come to. But as you see we are a very caring family here.

I am so sorry to hear about your wife, but she seems to be responding to treatment and any shrinkage is good news. Her attitude is also helping her get through along with the love and caring from you. I know first hand how hard it is to be a caregiver as we watch our love ones in pain and we feel helpless. But then we feel the triumpant feelings when you get good results from treatments! So you have to take the ups with the downs and always encourage with confidence that she can beat this monster.

Please know that we are here for you if you have questions, we have answers and can help your through this. If you need support or prayers we are here for that also.

Many people on here were told gloom and doom stories and have beaten the odds and are doing fine today. You can read stories in the good news forum.

Keep us posted on her progress.

Maryanne

Adenocarcinoma- stage 1B
Lobectomy Left upper lobe on 12/15/04
biopsy on lymph nodes - negative NED
1/13/04 Oncologist appt.to see about preventive Chemo.
Cancelled due to chronic fatigue
1/12 fentynal patch for pain
1/14 discontinued Fentynal patch bad reaction
1/15 Blood test showed high T levels
2/1 Endoconrinologist visit diagnosed over-active thyroid
2/8/05 took Radioactive Iodine to kill thyroid
2/16/05 appetite back, fatigue leaving
2/24/05 visit with Pulmonary Doc. Breathing at 96% capacity,
Next visit 3 mos.
3/9/05 Endocrinologist visit -T levels went from 25 down to 5.
3/30 started Synthoid(thyroid med)
3/31 Oncologist. appt. CT results NED...
4/14 starting adjunctive Chemo (carbo/taxol) 4 treatments
3 weeks apart.
6/15/05 Joel finished chemo, chest X-ray clear, Next CT in August
9/01/05 1st CT since Chemo.. NED
11/17/05 CT - small nodule found 4 or 5 mil. in his good lung
1/10/06 CT - nodule Stable
7/2006 CT/ Nodule stable
10/2006 CT Nodule seem to have grown from 4 to 7 mil.
10/2006 Pet- showed some uptake
10/2006- operation- wedge section right upper lobe turned out to be cancerous 2 nodules next to each other. 2 different types of cancer. 1 squamous cell carcinoma (new primary)2- adenocarcinoma-(not sure if new primary or metastasis)
May be restaged to IIIB
11/07/2006 will start 4 rounds of taxotere. 3 weeks apart. Will take Decadron before, day of and day after. Will get a shot of Leunesta the day after. Here we go again.. Joel's attitude.... great as usual
Horrible reaction to the neulasta shots. One night(New Years eve) went to ER. Spent 3 days in hosptal.
Feb 2007 finished chemo.
March 2007 had his CT .. as expected right now all is clear.
June 2007 NED!!!
Sept 07- CT- small nodule 3.5 mm
Going to do another CT in 6 weeks.
October 07- CT done, results STABLE...YEA
Jan. 2008... STABLE!!!
April 2008 little growth but still called stable
July 17 208 nodule doubled in size to 9mm. Needs Pet Scan, tests, hopefully cyberknife...
July 29 met with his surgeon... said Cyberknife is the way to go.
August 1- Cyberknife visit... Joel is a canidate, its a go...Happy B-day Joel...
Sept 22, 2008 finshed up the last of 3 cyberknife procedures
Nov. had CT scan
Nov. 9th results of CT from Cyberknife..... Tumor completely gone... right now NED!!!
Feb. 09- Pet/CT results. . . NEd!!!
May 09 Pet/CT results. . . NED!!!
Sept. 09 Pet/CT results.....NED!!
Jan. 2010--- NED!! Pet now will be every 6 months.
June 8,2010 Pet scan on our Anniversary... hope thats a good sign..
June 17, NED!!!
Dec. 30,2010... NED!!!
June 20,2011... NED!!!
March 2012....NED!!!

pic of Joel and our daughter Nicole at walk NOV. 07

[img]http://www.freewebs.com/beansprouts2005/nik_and_dad_1LC_walk.jpg[/img]

http://www.babababies.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:46 am 
Legacy Member

Welcome, Glad you found us. Rich

http://lungevity.org/l_community/viewto ... 2155#72155

QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR DOCTOR / HELPFUL LINKS:
http://lungevity.org/l_community/viewto ... 585#163585

You must, on your own, make the commitment that you will do everything in your power to fight your disease. -Advanced stage lung cancer survivor RA Block-

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
-Buddhist Quote On Gratitude-

It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth -- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up, we will then begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had.
-Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross-

We have no right to ask when sorrow comes, "Why did this happen to me?" unless we ask the same question for every moment of happiness that comes our way. -Author Unknown-

Top Ten Reasons Why I’m A Lung Cancer Survivor

10. Not going into funeral mode the day I was diagnosed. I never once thought this was it, that life was over or why bother. Lung Cancer is not a death sentence and one can be cured of it or still have a life living with it for many years.
9. Not dwelling on it. How I got it, why me, what if I did this/that or the blame game etc. It’s counter productive and wasted energy.
8. RESEARCH, RESEARCH and more RESEARCH. Knowledge is the key! The more one knows the better one can make decision with their doctor and better fight. Keeping it simple, does not really matter to me every little word on a report. Try to get down to the chase of what is going on and what needs to be done.
7. Living life to the fullest by making the best of it every day and by keeping busy. Life is short enough so why let a day go by.
6. I appreciate everything my family/friends do for me. I let them (especially Kathy and Tina) know how much it means to me and how much I love them.
5. Not making my disease about me. It affects my family/friends just as much if not more. My life has changed and I have to learn to adjust to the new normal. If I can’t do things or go places does not mean they can’t. It’s very important they have a life and go about it.
4. Keeping an open mind about treatments. Don’t know unless you try. Laughter, it’s the best medicine, does not have to be all doom and gloom. Exercise, it’s good for overall health and a great stress reliever. Healthy (common sense) diet, this one I need to improve on. I can eat in a coma.
3. Staying positive and having a good attitude. YES it does make a difference regardless of what adversity one faces. Have my days like anyone else but they are few and far in between.
2. All my doctors/nurses. I’m very blessed/fortunate to have a great medical team and great health coverage.
1. My wife.my daughter and my closest friend I love them the most and they mean the most to me. I owe it to them, there the ones who have stood by my no matter what and showed me the true meaning of family, life and love is all about. You can lead a horse to water but can’t get it to drink. Bottom line it’s up to me to be pro-active, to keep trying and to never never never give up!