Social Media Ambassadors are social media professionals, technology enthusiasts, networked individuals, and/or social media users who utilize their online communities to help promote LUNGevity and to promote lung cancer awareness.
Who Can Be a Social Media Ambassador?
- The cream of the digital crop: Innovative users of digital technology who have shown leadership and creativity in their use of interactive tools to move their businesses and their clients’ businesses forward
- Community leaders: Leaders who are passionate and committed, and believe in the mission of LUNGevity to end lung cancer
- Committed and passionate people: Everyday people who are comfortable utilizing social media networks to spread the mission of LUNGevity and promote lung cancer awareness
- Committed to LUNGevity’s mission
- Able to dedicate two or more hours a week to promote LUNGevity online
- Currently active on at least two social media sites
- Has at least 100 friends/followers on each social media site
- 18 years of age or older
- Fluent in English
LUNGevity Social Media Ambassadors offer not only information about lung cancer, LUNGevity, and our programs and events, but HOPE to anyone reading their posts. At times, a person’s circumstances may seem hopeless. A Social Media Ambassador offers hope by sharing the revolutionary work that LUNGevity is doing for people impacted by lung cancer. Ambassadors offer encouragement, information, and resources to those in need, and their posts serve as a megaphone to the public and media that lung cancer is an underserved disease that deserves attention.
Volunteer applicants who are accepted as Social Media Ambassadors will receive training, training materials, a LUNGevity shirt and wristband, and an official LUNGevity Social Media Ambassador badge for their sites.
Please complete the interest form below. We will review your submission to determine whether you meet the criteria for our Social Media Ambassadors program. If so, we will send an application to the email address that you provided in the interest form.