The Hamoui Foundation/LUNGevity Award for RET-Positive Lung Cancer Research supports high-impact research that seeks to transform the future for people diagnosed with RET-positive lung cancer by changing RET-positive lung cancer into a chronic or curable condition.
At the start of the award term, an applicant must:
- Hold a doctoral degree
- Have a faculty appointment with a university-based academic institution or a research institution that is not formally associated with a university
An applicant may be at any level of research experience.
The goal of the award is to fund impactful proposals in the RET-positive lung cancer space with direct clinical implications within 1-2 years. Projects must be directly related to improvement of patient outcomes and ideally lead to a clinical trial (if the project itself does not include a clinical trial).
The Hamoui Foundation/LUNGevity Awards may be for a maximum of $1,000,000
- $500,000 per year for 2 years
- Six-month milestones must be met
Note: Only one The Hamoui Foundation/LUNGevity Award will be granted per institution.
LUNGevity uses a two-step application process:
- A letter of intent (LOI), with a brief overview of the proposed project and biographical information
- A full application with an extended narrative about the project, as well as supporting information and documentation. (Because the number of awards is limited, only a subset of applicants are invited to submit a full application after the LOI review is completed.)
Reviewers are drawn from our Scientific Advisory Board and other lung cancer experts. Awardees have progress and financial reporting obligations during their award term.
A complete description, terms and conditions, and instructions are included in the 2022 The Hamoui Foundation/LUNGevity Award for RET-positive Lung Cancer Research RFA. All application materials must be submitted electronically via proposalCENTRAL.
2022 The Hamoui Foundation/LUNGevity Award Timeline
|LOIs due:||by September 17, 2021, 11:59 pm EST|
|Full application invitations:||No earlier than October 11, 2021|
|Full application due (by invitation only):||November 05, 2021, 11:59 pm EDT|
|Award announcement:||No earlier than January 2022|
|Anticipated year-one funding:||No earlier than February 2022|