The 2023 LUNGevity Health Equity and Inclusiveness Junior Investigator Research Award program is now open for application submissions.
LUNGevity Health Equity and Inclusiveness Junior Investigator Research Awards supports physician-scientists interested in conducting lung cancer clinical research and bridging health disparities by engaging underserved communities/underrepresented minorities. Projects that will be funded in 2023 are expected to have a direct impact on the early detection of lung cancer or on the outcomes of lung cancer, or to provide a clear conceptual or experimental foundation for the future development of methods for early detection and/or individualized treatment, including through targeted therapy and immunotherapy.
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree, be within the first five years of their first faculty appointment. and have completed a training fellowship
- A mentoring plan is required as part of the submission.
- Awards may be for a maximum of $200,000 ($100,000 per year for 2 years)
- Annual milestones must be met
LUNGevity uses a two-step application process:
- A letter of intent (LOI), with a brief overview of the proposed project and biographical information
- A full application with an extended narrative about the project, as well as supporting information and documentation. (Because there are a limited number of awards, only a subset of applicants is invited to submit a full application after the LOI review is completed.)
Reviewers are drawn from LUNGevity’s Scientific Advisory Board and other lung cancer experts. Awardees have progress and financial reporting obligations during their award term.
A complete description of the award, terms and conditions, and instructions are included in the 2023 LUNGevity Health Equity and Inclusiveness Junior Investigator Research Award RFA. All application materials must be submitted electronically via proposalCENTRAL.
2023 Health Equity and Inclusiveness Junior Investigator Research Award Timeline
|LOIs due:||by February 27, 2023, 11:59 pm EST|
|Invitations to apply:||No earlier than March 31, 2023|
|Applications due:||May 8, 2023, 11:59 pm EDT|
|Award announcement:||Late summer 2023|
|Award start date:||November 1, 2023|