The 2023 LUNGevity Health Equity and Inclusiveness Research Fellow Award program is now open for application submissions.
LUNGevity Health Equity and Inclusiveness Research Fellow Awards support fellows interested in lung cancer research and who belong to underrepresented groups in STEM. Projects that will be funded in 2023 are expected to have a direct impact on the early detection of lung cancer or on the outcomes of lung cancer, or to provide a clear conceptual or experimental foundation for the future development of methods for early detection and/or individualized treatment, including through targeted therapy and immunotherapy.
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree, be in any year of a fellowship, and plan to pursue a career in lung cancer
- The award is a mentored award; a mentoring plan is part of the required submission
- Awards may be for a maximum of $100,000 ($50,000 per year for 2 years)
- Annual milestones must be met
Note: LUNGevity will grant only one Health Equity and Inclusiveness Research Fellow Award per institution.
LUNGevity uses a two-step application process:
- A letter of intent (LOI), with a brief overview of the proposed project and biographical information
- A full application with an extended narrative about the project, as well as supporting information and documentation. (Because there are a limited number of awards, only a subset of applicants is invited to submit a full application after the LOI review is completed.)
Reviewers are drawn from LUNGevity’s Scientific Advisory Board and other lung cancer experts. Awardees have progress and financial reporting obligations during their award term.
A complete description of the award, terms and conditions, and instructions are included in the 2023 LUNGevity Health Equity and Inclusiveness Research Fellow Award RFA. All application materials must be submitted electronically via proposalCENTRAL.
2023 Health Equity and Inclusiveness Research Fellow Award Timeline
|LOIs due:||by February 27, 2023, 11:59 pm EST|
|Invitations to apply:||No earlier than March 31, 2023|
|Applications due:||May 8, 2023, 11:59 pm EDT|
|Award announcement:||Late summer 2023|
|Award start date:||November 1, 2023|