LUNGevity’s Precision Medicine Initiative is based on the belief that every patient deserves access to the right test and the right treatment at the right time.
Precision medicine is driving improved outcomes for people diagnosed with non-small cell lung cancer. LUNGevity defines precision medicine as biomarker-driven care from pre-diagnosis to diagnosis, treatment, and potential progression.
Precision medicine affects patients with lung cancer at all stages of the disease.
LUNGevity is working along the entire spectrum of care to drive access to precision medicine. Our work is comprehensive and includes:
A key component to precision medicine is comprehensive biomarker testing. Our flagship Take Aim Initiative is targeted at ensuring all people diagnosed with non-small cell lung cancer have access to high-quality, comprehensive biomarker testing at diagnosis, prognosis, or recurrence.
Meeting Reports / Publications
- Molecular Testing in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Lung Cancer: A Communications Landscape Audit
- Increasing Timely Access to Biomarker Testing in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: Education and Awareness
- Willingness for Multiple Biopsies to Improve Quality of Lung Cancer Care: Understanding the Patient Perspective
- Payer Coverage Policies of Tumor Biomarker Testing (November 2018)
- A White Paper on the Need for Consistent Terms for Testing in Precision Medicine
- Payer Coverage Policies of Tumor Biomarker Testing (September 2020)