The ALK Positive/LUNGevity ALK-Positive Lung Cancer Research Award Program supports high-impact research that seeks to transform the future for people affected by ALK-positive non-small cell lung cancer by transforming advanced ALK-positive lung cancer into a chronic or curable condition.
At the start of the award term, an applicant must:
- Hold a doctoral degree
- Have a faculty appointment with an academic institution, including research institutions that are not formally associated with a university
- Have completed a postdoctoral training fellowship
An applicant may be at any level of research experience.
Both US and international researchers are welcome to apply.
The research project(s) that will be funded is (are) expected to have a direct impact on the outcomes of patients with advanced ALK-positive lung cancer, but innovative proposals that address other unmet needs in the ALK-positive lung cancer space are also invited for submission. Projects may be translational with the potential to lead directly to improved outcomes or to a clinical trial, or they may be phase 1 clinical trials.
ALK Positive/LUNGevity Awards may be for a maximum of $750,000
- $375,000 per year for 2 years
- Six-month milestones must be met
Note: Only one ALK Positive/LUNGevity Award will be granted per institution.
LUNGevity uses a two-step application process:
- A letter of intent (LOI), with a brief overview of the proposed project and biographical information
- A full application with an extended narrative about the project, as well as supporting information and documentation. (Because there are a limited number of awards, only a subset of applicants are invited to submit a full application after the LOI review is completed.)
Reviewers are drawn from our Scientific Advisory Board and other lung cancer experts. Awardees have progress and financial reporting obligations during their award term.
A complete description, terms and conditions, and instructions are included in the 2022 ALK Positive/LUNGevity ALK-Positive Research Award RFA. All application materials must be submitted electronically via proposalCENTRAL.
2022 ALK Positive/LUNGevity Award Timeline
|LOIs due:||by February 23, 2022, 11:59 pm EST|
|Full application invitations:||No earlier than April 1, 2022|
|Full application due (by invitation only):||May 9, 2022, 11:59 pm EDT|
|Award announcement:||No earlier than late summer 2022|
|Anticipated year-one funding:||November 2022|