The 2023 LUNGevity Career Development Award program is now open for application submissions.
LUNGevity Career Development Awards support future research leaders who will keep the field of lung cancer research vibrant with new ideas. Projects that will be funded in 2023 are expected to have a direct impact on the early detection of lung cancer or on the outcomes of lung cancer, or to provide a clear conceptual or experimental foundation for the future development of methods for early detection and/or individualized treatment, including through targeted therapy and immunotherapy.
In 2023 LUNGevity is partnering with Lung Cancer Initiative; applications from North Carolina are encouraged.
- Applicants must be within the first five years of their faculty appointment.
- A mentoring plan is required as part of the submission.
- Awards may be for a maximum of $300,000 ($100,000 per year for 3 years)
- Annual milestones must be met
Note: LUNGevity will grant only one Career Development Award per institution.
LUNGevity uses a two-step application process:
- A letter of intent (LOI), with a brief overview of the proposed project and biographical information
- A full application with an extended narrative about the project, as well as supporting information and documentation.(Because there are a limited number of awards, only a subset of applicants is invited to submit a full application after the LOI review is completed.)
Reviewers are drawn from LUNGevity’s Scientific Advisory Board and other lung cancer experts. Awardees have progress and financial reporting obligations during their award term.
2023 Career Development Award Timeline
|LOIs due:||by February 27, 2023, 11:59 pm EST|
|Invitation to apply:||No earlier than March 31, 2023|
|Applications due:||May 8, 2023, 11:59 pm EDT|
|Award announcement:||Late summer 2023|
|Award start date:||November 1, 2023|