The 2023 Rising Tide/LUNGevity Team Award Program to Target Mechanisms of Resistance is now open for application submissions.
The Rising Tide/LUNGevity Team Award Program to Target Mechanisms of Resistance Award funds high-impact research that seeks to develop therapeutic strategies targeting shared mechanisms of resistance in oncogene-driven lung adenocarcinoma. The research project(s) that will be funded are expected to further our knowledge of shared mechanisms of resistance across oncogene-driven lung adenocarcinoma (LUAD) and how they can be targeted using novel pharmaceutical agents (monotherapies or combination therapies).
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree and faculty appointment (or equivalent) with an academic institution, including research institutions that are not formally associated with a university
- The award will be funded at a maximum of $1,500,000 for up to three years.
- This is a team award and at least two institutions are required to be involved
- The program is open to both US and non-US applicants.
A two-step application process will be used:
- A letter of intent (LOI), with a brief overview of the proposed project and biographical information
- A full application with an extended narrative about the project, as well as supporting information and documentation. (Because there are a limited number of awards, only a subset of applicants is invited to submit a full application after the LOI review is completed.)
Reviewers are drawn from the Rising Tide Foundation’s Scientific Advisory Board, LUNGevity’s Scientific Advisory Board, and other lung cancer experts. Awardees have progress and financial reporting obligations during their award term.
A complete description, terms and conditions, and instructions are included in the Rising Tide/LUNGevity Team Award Program to Target Mechanisms of Resistance RFA. Applications must be submitted via proposalCENTRAL.
To view an informational webinar about this funding opportunity, please click here and enter passcode &!Y$@bY8
2023 Rising Tide/LUNGevity Team Award Program to Target Mechanisms of Resistance Application Timeline
|LOIs due:||by February 27, 2023, 11:59 pm EST|
|Invitations to apply:||No earlier than March 31, 2023|
|Applications due:||May 8, 2023, 11:59 pm EDT|
|Award announcement:||Late summer 2023|
|Award start date:||November 1, 2023|